This program covers the latest ISO 19011 guidelines and corresponding techniques for conducting management system audits to determine if an organization’s policies, procedures and practices conform to the requirements of ISO management system standards.
ISO 19011 Auditor applied to ISO 9001 – Quality management system
ISO 19011 Auditor applied to ISO 14001 – Environmental management systems
ISO 19011 Auditor applied to ISO 18788 – Security Operations management systems
ISO 19011 Auditor applied to ISO 22000 – Food Safety management systems
ISO 19011 Auditor applied to ISO 22301 – Business Continuity management systems
ISO 19011 Auditor applied to ISO 27001 – Information Security management systems
ISO 19011 Auditor applied to ISO 45001 – Occupational Health and Safety management systems
ISO 19011 Auditor applied to ISO 50001 – Energy management systems
ISO 19011 Auditor applied to ISO 37001 – Antibribery management systems
ISO 19011 Auditor applied to ISO 13485 – Quality (Medical Device Sector) management systems
ISO 19011 Auditor applied to ISO/TS 16959 – Quality (Automotive Sector) management systems
ISO 19011 Auditor applied to AS9100C – Quality (Aerospace Sector) management systems
ISO 19011 Auditor applied to TL 9000 – Quality (Telecommunications Sector) management systems
ISO 19011 Auditor applied to ISO 14298 – Management of security printing processes
ISO 19011 Auditor applied to ISO/IEC 19770-1 – IT asset management systems
ISO 19011 Auditor applied to ISO 20121:2012 – Event sustainability management systems
ISO 19011 Auditor applied to ISO 21001 – Management systems for educational organizations
ISO 19011 Auditor applied to ISO 21101 – Adventure tourism – Safety management systems
ISO 19011 Auditor applied to ISO 30301 – Records management systems
ISO 19011 Auditor applied to ISO 37101 – Management system for sustainable development
ISO 19011 Auditor applied to ISO 39001 – Road traffic safety (RTS) management systems
ISO 19011 Auditor applied to ISO 41001 – Facility management systems
ISO 19011 Auditor applied to ISO 44001 – Collaborative business relationship management systems
|ISO 19011 Auditor applied to ISO 55001 – Asset management systems|
16 hours (4 hours online + 1.5 days onsite)
ISO Coordinators, Area Managers, Consultants, Internal Auditors, College Students in Management, Engineering and other Administrative and/or Technical Disciplines.
This program will enable students to:
- Carry out management system audits based on ISO 19011 guidelines
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal skills and interview techniques
- Communicate audit results effectively
- ISO 19011 Auditing Principles and Guidelines
- Auditor Responsibilities
- Identifying Documentation Requirements
- Audit Preparation
- Audit Investigation Techniques
- Detecting opportunities for improvement
- Documenting and Classifying Audit Findings
- Writing the Audit Summary
- Communicating the Audit Results
4 hours are completed via independent, on-line study. The students must read and familiarize
themselves with the material prior to attending the on-site portion. This delivered via on-line
presentations which summarize the subject matter. 100% of the modules have to be seen by the student
in order to be accepted into the on-site portion. The concepts learned during this phase will be reviewed
and evaluated in the on-site phase.
12 hours (1.5 days) on-site sessions to review the concepts learned on-line and to participate in
simulation workshops to apply the ISO 19011 guidelines to actual cases and audit scenarios. Our
methodology is practical and is based on the analysis of actual cases allowing the participant to obtain
an appropriate balance of theory and practice, thereby facilitating learning and performance.
This program includes supporting materials, access to online auditing software tools, case studies and interactive workshops that help students achieve the learning objectives.
To attend this program participants must have completed the Fundamentals Course for the management system standard.
Prior to attending the program, participants must obtain their own official copy of the ISO standards via their national standards body or by visiting www.iso.ch.
Note: The standard can be consulted by the student during the final exam. This must be a clean copy of the standard(s) applied to the program, for this reason, it must not have annotations regarding the content of the program.
- Provide evidence (Certificate) of having completed the Fundamentals Course for the management
- Pay the program fee
- Complete the 4-hour on-line session covering the fundamentals of the latest version of ISO 19011
- Attend 100% of the on-site review lecture for ISO 19011
- Successfully complete the on-site workshop sessions for applying ISO 19011 audit scenarios
(Instructor will evaluate performance).
- Pass the written ISO 19011 Auditor Final Exam (minimum approval: 70%). Duration: 90 minutes.
- Students that do not pass the performance evaluation (item 5) will not be allowed to take the written exam.
- Students that do not pass the written exam will be allowed to re-take it for a sitting fee (contact us for fees in your region). Logistics for test retake are to be arranged by contacting the QSI Academy Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
Participants will be knowledgeable in the ISO 19011 audit fundamentals and be able to:
- Identify the principles of auditing management systems
- Plan and organize the aspects that make up an audit
- Select and determine the investigation techniques to carry out an audit effectively
- Apply interview techniques to gather information during the audit process
- Identify evidence of compliance/non-conformity of the management system
- Evaluate evidence collected during the audit to classify and document findings
Document the audit summary to formally communicate the audit results
The certificate that results from this program is attestation that the participate has acquired the knowledge and skills listed in the learning objectives as demonstrated during the course and may be used by the participants employer and/or auditor certification bodies as the training element needed to ascertain auditor competence.
This program was developed based on the original criteria published by IATCA (now IPC) and is currently undergoing the process for ANSI Accreditation under the American National Standards Institute Certificate Accreditation Program (ANSI-CAP).
To find a course near you please access our schedule of public course offerings.
Program fees vary depending on the region/economy where the course is being offered. Please contact us for information on course fees in your area.
Given the fact our program are geared towards the management system standards that are based on the ANNEX SL, we are able to combine up to three standards during the same offering. Any students wishing to complete additional case studies (additional time dedication required) for other management system disciplines would just need to select those options upon registration. Students would have to complete the Fundamentals course for each additional standard and complete the case studies for applying ISO 19011 to the additional standard.
If you have a group of auditors that need to be trained you can save money by having this program taught at your facilities. Please contact us stating
- The name and address of your company
- The programs that you are interested in as well as
- The number of participants per program
- The estimated dates (Please provide two alternative date options)
- The location and language preferred.
Given the number of speculative inquiries received, we will only respond to those parties that provide all of the information requested.
There are three circumstances in which the student may request the issuance of a new training certificate as ISO Management Systems Auditor.
1. The ISO 19011 Auditing Guidelines change In those cases, depending on the nature of the changes made to ISO 19011 the student may need to re-take the pertinent on-line sessions and successfully complete the corresponding workshops.
2. The student wishes to expand the scope of his certificate to cover a different management system standard. Would now like a new certificate in a different scope such as environmental management, the student would need to complete the following sessions:
a) Document Review Workshop based on the additional standard
b) Audit Checklist Workshop based on the additional standard
c) Audit Investigation Workshop based on the additional standard
d) Audit Findings workshop based on the additional standard
(In addition to the prerequisite requirements pertaining to the corresponding Fundamentals Course based on the new or updated standard)
3. The management system standard has changed For example, if the student originally took the program with an ISO 9001 version 2008 and the standard was republished with significant changes (i.e. ISO 9001 version 2015), the student would need to complete the following sessions:
a) Document Review Workshop based on the modified standard
b) Audit Checklist Workshop based on the modified l standard
c) Audit Investigation Workshop based on the modified standard
d) Audit Findings workshop based on the modified standard
In order to successfully log in and interact in the virtual campus it is necessary to have a computer that
has at least the following characteristics:
- Pentium IV (or equivalent)
- RAM Memory 512 MB
- Monitor resolution: 800 x 600 pixels
- Internet connection
- 300 Kbps bandwidth
- Sound card and speakers*
- Mouse and Keyboard
- Windows XP**
- Mozilla Firefox 12**
- Google Chrome 19**
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 10**
- Adobe Reader 6.0*
- Adobe Flash Player 10*
- Microsoft Office 2016 *
(*)Requirements to be considered according to the content of the programs
TS 7.0.2 – Version E- Date 11/11/2018